Poole after a
couple of nights and with a forecast of light winds were thankful that we had
cleaned Ti Gitu's bottom. Well the forecast was wrong. We had a 'fast n frilling'
creaming along at an average of 7 knots to the needles but once in the channel
the seas calmed and we headed for the . Newtown River
This is a very tight anchorage and we decided to pick up a mooring for the night. The area is a nature reserve run by The national Trust. A few decades ago many yachtsmen helped the National Trust to purchase the area when a power station was threatened.
Now the National Trust charged us £21.50 for a night on a mooring. Obviously we scarpered to
where we could lay alongside a pontoon for £16.50 a night but a bit more on
Friday and Saturday nights. Yarmouth
Will I be supporting the National Trust in the future???
Ti Gitu will be heading for Chichester very soon although the tides are slightly wrong for an easy sail being against us until 2pm in the afternoon but we should be able to reach
if we leave about 1pm on Tuesday. We'll plug the tide for the first hour and
then hope things work out OK with the wind for a reasonable passage to arrive
before it gets dark.