Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here you will find the journeys of Ti Gtu and information that I have researched and found useful for maintaining and servicing yachts and motorboats.

I post full information that I find on the Fay Marine information site, accessed through www.faymarine.com/ and I can be emailed at paul@faymarine.com.



At the bottom of the blogs is a 'subscribe' link. After subscribing your web browser will automatically check for any updates that have been posted.



Happy sailing,



Paul Fay



Tuesday 24 April 2012

Lamp oil

We have some really nice oil lights which it is good to use when relaxing in the evening. They should work on paraffin / kerosene but we have found that they smell when using this now. They used to be fine with it. That forced us to start using dedicated 'lamp oil' which Mo was getting from the local chandlery at a slight discount as we buy it regularly. The cost was about £3.70 a litre. I went the other day to be informed that the price had risen to £7.40. DOUBLED. I walked out disgusted with the price hike.
I went straight back to Ti Gitu and looked online for it. I found 1 litre bottles at about £4.00 delivered or it could be bought for £2.98 a litre if you had 20 litres and that included delivery!!!
Guess what we bought. We like to support local businesses but that is ridiculous and will be closely checking prices wherever we are from now on, even for the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment