Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here you will find the journeys of Ti Gtu and information that I have researched and found useful for maintaining and servicing yachts and motorboats.

I post full information that I find on the Fay Marine information site, accessed through www.faymarine.com/ and I can be emailed at paul@faymarine.com.



At the bottom of the blogs is a 'subscribe' link. After subscribing your web browser will automatically check for any updates that have been posted.



Happy sailing,



Paul Fay



Thursday 5 August 2021

Falmouth

While drilling the hole for the new fridge cooling shoe a new stern gland was also fitted. This is a Vetus double lip seal which from Vetus costs around £90. These need replacing every few years and I noticed that the latest simply had ordinary type oil seals so having the part number from the seals I had the old one machined and fitted seals myself. Two seals for under £10 and I now have a supply of them.

We left Plymouth and went directly to Falmouth anchoring in the Truro river and went to work fitting the new fridge. It took a couple of days but all went well and it appears to work well. We just need to find the correct thermometer adjustment to stop the fridge part freezing as well.

Storm Evert was forecast. Unusual for there to be storm force winds in a British summer, just a sign of global warming I suppose.

Anyway it looked impossible to get onto one of the pontoons in the river so we laid out two anchor’s and had a really difficult night but did ride it out fine. Later, retrieving the anchors they were found to be really well buried. CQR’s still work!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment