Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here you will find the journeys of Ti Gtu and information that I have researched and found useful for maintaining and servicing yachts and motorboats.

I post full information that I find on the Fay Marine information site, accessed through www.faymarine.com/ and I can be emailed at paul@faymarine.com.



At the bottom of the blogs is a 'subscribe' link. After subscribing your web browser will automatically check for any updates that have been posted.



Happy sailing,



Paul Fay



Sunday 21 June 2015

Rade de Brest


Ti Gitu entered the Rade and we headed SE Towards the anchorage at Tinduff. We were beginning to be disheartened by the number of moorings we could see in each of the anchorages around the area but when we actually arrived at Tinduff there was still plenty of room to anchor.
We spent a pleasant few days there and I discovered the pleasure of eating 'crepes'. Won't bother again as it would have cost a fortune to order enough for a decent meal!!
We could see a larger town at the top of a hill and not having a road map we foolishly decided to try and walk there. After an hour with no indication that we were going in the right direction we turned back. We will have to obtain road maps of where to go in the future.
I will normally look at Google maps for a route, but there is little internet available and as I didn't want to use up my UK mobile allocation we weren't connected for our first few weeks in France. Won't make that mistake again!!
Ti Gitu has been invited to a Junk rig rally in Brest in the middle of June so we will wait in the area to attend that.

No comments:

Post a Comment